Breathe in. Breathe out.
Debut album by talented and awarded accordionist Miloš Katanić whose close collaboration with composers in creating new pieces for accordion resulted in this release.
“The Breath”, has been brought to life by commissioning eleven new compositions for the accordion, an instrument that gives the breath of life to any piece of music it plays. The pieces were written in the genre of contemporary and minimal music, but listening to this album and the story it’s telling through its skilful blend of different styles and techniques makes you forget about genre boundaries altogether. The mixture of colours containing not just pieces for solo accordion but accordion and other various chamber groups will add another quality to already innovative release.
1. Tauan Gonzalez Sposito – Ananke
2. Antonio Correa – Wind 1A
3. Robert Moran – Miami City Slink
4. Wolfgang W. Mayer – Promenade
5. Philip Glass, Robert Moran – Modern Love Waltz
6. Anthony Fiumara – Breather Box
7. Robert Moran – Fisches Nachtgesang
8. Wellington E. Alves – Time is A Face On The Waters
9. Ivan Bozicevic – The Moonpiper
10. Gene Pritsker – Revisited Residue Movement 1
11. Gene Pritsker – Revisited Residue Movement 2
12. Antonio Correa – From This Barren Rock, I See Blossoming Worlds